Heilbronn Conference to Celebrate the 70th Birthday of Elmer Rees
Organisers: Nelson Stephens
This conference is to celebrate the 70th birthday of Professor Elmer Rees, to honour his academic achievements and to acknowledge his success as the first Director of the Institute.
The conference will be held at the University of Bristol on Friday 20th and Saturday 21st April 2012 with sign-in commencing at 10.30am on the Friday with a programme of 4 lectures followed by a dinner in the evening. There will be lectures on the Saturday morning and the conference will end with lunch. All lectures will be about 1 hour and will be of general interest. There is no registration fee but to enable estimation of numbers, intending participants are requested to inform Alice Adams, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dinner on the Friday evening will be at The Royal West of England Academy and there is a charge of £25 per person for attendees and guests.
- Sir Michael Atiyah (University of Edinburgh)
- Sir John Ball (University of Oxford)
- Victor Buchstaber (Steklov Mathematical Institute of the Russian Academy of Science)
- John Jones (University of Warwick)
- Angus MacIntyre (Queen Mary University of London)
- Andrew Ranicki (University of Edinburgh)
- Graeme Segal (University of Oxford)
Programme document supplied by the organizers, which may contain more information on accommodations, abstract submittal, etc.