University of Bristol - Department of Mathematics
TCC: Quantum Information Theory
- Lectures from 30 January 2012 (University of Bristol teaching week 13): Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 14-15 TCC video-conferencing room (1st floor Maths main building). Special announcements:
- No lecture Monday 30 January 2012 because of technical problems.
- No lecture Wednesday 1 February 30 2012 because of 2nd Heilbronn Quantum Algorithms Day.
- No lectures 27, 28 and 29 February because of absence/illness.
- On Wednesday 14 March no lecture; instead Physics Theory seminar in Bristol by Sandu Popescu (2:15pm, Physics room 3.34).
- No lecture on Monday 19 March.
- Last two lectures of the course Tuesday/Wednesday 20/21 March.
- The syllabus blurb.
- A detailed plan for AW's part of the course.
- Handouts: ...maybe later.
- Example sheets:
- Lecture notes as on the electronic whiteboard:
- Some resources related to quantum information theory:
- C. E. Shannon, A Mathematical Theory of Communication,
Bell Syst. Tech. J., vol. 27, pp. 379-423 and 623-656, 1948. It's classical, but it helps a lot to understand the quantum information theory.
- M. A. Nielsen, I. L. Chuang, Quantum Computation and Quantum Information, Cambridge University Press, 2000.
- M. Hayashi, Quantum Information: An Introduction, Springer, 2006.
- M. M. Wilde, From Classical to Quantum Shannon Theory. Manuscript for a textbook, 2011.
- J. Preskill, Caltech course lecture notes.