Professor of Mathematical Logic,
Office: Howard House 2.11.
Tel. +44 117 33 11807
FAX: +44 117 928 7999
E-mail address: P.Welch@bristol.ac.uk
School of Mathematics, University of Bristol,
Clifton, Bristol, BS8 1TW, UK
FSB: Foundational Studies Bristol:
Bristol Celebratory Birthday Conference March 22-23rd 2014: click here
the Oxford Inexpressibility and Reflection in the Formal Sciences
Project: click here
theory: fine structure and core models; problems concerning determinancy,
large cardinals and strong axioms of infinity
of Mathematics, Foundations of Set Theory, Theories of Truth
· Interactions between combinatorics
of stationary sets, bounded forcing axioms and inner models of set theory Funded
by EPSRC. Oct.03 - Sep.05
· Mathematics into Philosophy: analysing complexity theoretic issues in
current philosophical theories of epistemology, semantics and truth Funded
by EPSRC. From October 6'th
2005 to Oct. 2006.
· Philosophical Theories of Truth, Transfinite Computation,
and Infinite Games Funded by the Templeton
Oct. 2008 to Sep. 2010.
· The Scope and Limits of Arithmetical Knowledge Funded
by the Templeton Foundation. From
Mar. 2011 to Sep. 2012.
and Reflection in the Formal Sciences Funded by
AHRC; Co-investigator on project at Department of Philosophy, University of
Oxford; From Oct. 2011 to Dec. 2013.
· Inner model theory in outer models
Funded by EPSRC. From Mar.2012 to Oct.2014
· Invited Lecture for the 6'th European Congress of
Mathematicians, Krakow, July 2012 A Turing Centenary
· Birkbeck Conference Tutorials on
Large Cardinals, Inner Models & Determinacy: an introductory overview,
Tut.II Tut.III , paper